Milk steaming and latte art are 2 essential abilities for any barista. Neither are simple to master, particularly when you initially begin, however I have actually got great news for you: selecting the ideal milk pitcher can considerably assist. There are many different milk jugs on the market. They differ in color, design, size, shape, spout type, weight … And they’re all developed and dispersed by various brand names across the world. When faced with this much option, how do you know which milk container is best? Well, that depends on your needs.
The Fundamental Requirements
Let’s begin with the many fundamental thing to look for when choosing a milk jug: width. You desire a container that’s broad enough to enable a “whirlpool” impact when you steam milk. Micro-foam is produced when the milk is well-aerated and uniformly heated, producing silky smooth, silky, and shiny milk.
Most milk jugs are one of 2 sizes, 12 oz and 20 oz. It’s possible to find even smaller sized or larger pitchers, need to your coffee bar need them. Usually speaking, the 12 oz and 20 oz containers need to have similar base sizes, so width shouldn’t come into that option. The most important thing you desire to consider when selecting your milk container size is how much milk you’re actually going to require for your beverage. When it comes to milk frothing and steaming, you do not desire your pitcher to be too full or too empty.
You want a pitcher that is made of premium stainless-steel, as this will keep the temperature level consistent as you steam the milk. That being stated, when you’re steaming milk to approximately 160 ° F/70 ° C, that container’s going to warm right up with the milk. You can constantly look for one with Teflon covering to safeguard your fingers and hands if you don’t feel comfy with the heat of a stainless steel pitcher.
Handle or No Handle?
Whether or not you want a handle depends on how you like to hold the pitcher when you pour. On the other hand, you need to remember that you’re steaming milk to pretty high temperature levels. Getting the ideal milk container is one action on the path to improving your milk steaming, latte art, and overall barista skills.
Best Stainless Steel Milk Frothing Pitchers
Here are my milk frothing pitcher recommendations.
1. The Update International: Economical and Dishwasher Friendly
2. The Espro Toroid: Beautifully Designed
3. The Cafe Luxe: Premier, Easy to Use and Clean
The Update International: Budget Friendly and Dishwashing Machine Friendly
– Inexpensive item that offers exceptional value for cash.
– Strong stainless-steel building makes it attractive and resilient.
– It pours well (not all the pitchers do!).
– Dishwasher friendly and simple to clean by hand.
– Depending upon your needs, this pitcher might be too small for some. To obtain the complete 12 ounces suggests filling it to the brim.
The Espro Toroid: Beautifully Designed:
– The easiest pticher to utilize that I have actually experienced, thanks to its unique design which organizes the milk blood circulation to produce best microfoam.
– An exceptional pourer and great for making latte art, constantly fun at a celebration.
– It looks terrific to keep in your hands.
– It’s more costly than the typical frothing pitcher.
The Coffee Shop Luxe: Premier, Easy to Use and Clean!
– Its primary benefit over the majority of pitchers is that there are measurements etched into the within the pitcher, making it easy to determine the correct amount of milk needed (3-11 ounces). This can be a huge assistance, think me.
– It’s dishwater safe.
– The deal with is tough and heat resistant.
– It comes with a black carrying pouch, beneficial for extended storage or when I want to take it someplace.
– Some people won’t like that it’s Made in China.